Thursday, December 16, 2010

'Tis The Day Before The Math Final

And all through the dorms, people are lazing about in pajamas and alternating between study and hanging and feeling wonderful because they're inside in pajamas and it's snowing and they have fairy lights in their rooms.  At least, I am.  No classes AT ALL today, so I didn't get up until 8:30 when I got hungry and went and stole some milk from the cafeteria.  I'm half-packed, studying and actually feeling okay about most of this test.  I took the chem test yesterday.  It was all multiple choice, only an hour, and I think I passed.  I brought my laptop in my backpack and, as we were all about to start the test, reached in and opened it and started playing Single Ladies.  Everyone got it and laughed and it was all good fun... do you get it, too?  Remember I told you about that time?  And after the test, the teacher let us make liquid nitrogen ice cream (damn...that's my old url).  So much fun.... it actually boils when you pour it into the cream, and there's so much vapour.  The night before, I'd made myself roasted mushrooms and potatoes and creamed spinach.  And that day I wore neon pink and black striped thigh highs, so I felt pretty good.  Pictures coming soon.  Oh, and today I have another shoot with my Maytag model - this time for a Lookbook contest where you style people to look like characters from a TV show.  Needless to say, my tights are hot currency. 

Well, I'm going to spend the next 3 hours (swim team after that....it's a pain but I sleep well) eating, taking pictures, studying, and finishing Siddhartha.  Why, God, WHY must the math final be at 8:30 am?  And be three hours long?  Why?  But I will survive....  my mother wants me to play that at her funeral. 

I am so excited to get home.  I can't wait to see my friends and spend time with them while they're not at school, and cook and watch films and then go to England, and then D.C!!!  Aaah!  And I just found out I'm going to Colorado for a few days this summer... more on that later, but I've never been that far west and I really want to see the mountains.

Flashdance.... 

No comments: